The next session for Beginners 1 classes starts on March 6, 2021 – Saturday.
Atlanta Kendo Kai has decided to start the new beginner session. However, we have instituted numerous safety precautions that all participants must agree to follow.
For those who are planning to join please do the following:
1. Register online here.
2. On the day of the class, print, sign, and bring the Liability Release Form.
3. If you chose to pay with a check in the online registration, please bring a check made out to “Atlanta Kendo Kai” for the $80 fee (plus $20 if you opted for a shinai) for the 8-week beginners session.
4. If you did not opt for a shinai in the registration or if you need a youth size shinai, order and bring a shinai. Make sure to order your shinai early so it arrives on time for the first practice.(Recommended online Kendo shops)
5. Come wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothes suitable for exercising.
6. Class starts promptly at 9:00 am. Please arrive 15 minutes early so we can get your paperwork processed.
Please note the following precautionary measures:
- Masks are required for practice.
- We will take your temperature with a touch-less thermometer before entering. If you have a fever above 100, you will not be allowed to enter that day.
- There will be a questionnaire before each practice (Have you tested positive, have you been exposed to anyone who has tested positive, etc.). And it should go without saying, but if you’re not feeling well, have a cough or slight fever, please stay home that week.
- You will be asked to maintain social distance during the practice, and practice methods have been devised to ensure people are spread out.
- Practice space will be limited to ensure social distancing.
- No more than two people at a time should be in the restroom / locker room.
- We will have hand sanitizer available, all windows in the gym will be opened during practice.
If you have any questions or concerns, click here to send us an email.
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the dojo!
Atlanta Kendo Kai